Saturday, August 4, 2018

THE FLOWER BOY: Read & Donate

Need a place to take root



     THE FLOWER BOY is a children’s book I wrote.

     I need your and anyone’s support for my book THE FLOWER BOY. It is a children’s book patterned in the spirit of American Girl books. The story is meant to give a glimpse of a girl’s life in an oppressive male dominate culture that exists in modern times.  In western culture some girls who change gender roles do it at free will to express their true selves. However in some cultures it is an act of survival for themselves and their families in a male dominated society.

     THE FLOWER BOY is based on an ancient practice of Bacha Poshi. in Afghanistan and Pakistan families with daughters but no son picks a daughter to live as a boy with the purpose fulfilling duties of a male relative. Bacha Poshi girls keep their female identity a secret and is practiced to this day.

      Every literary agent I’ve queried rejected this book. The reason: “Not appropriate for children”; “The premise is too original”; “I can’t personally identify with the characters” or “This isn’t good for my list”. One agent told me to try crowd funding the book. That’s a wild idea, but I’m doing just that.

     And what am I going to do with the money? Buy a modest 3bedroom 2bathroom house for my mother and younger brother. My goal is $380,730. In Vancouver WA, where we live that’s the going price for such a house --so far. House market has been rocketing with rent rates. After reading my complete children’s book THE FLOWER BOY, please donate $7.50 per reader. Proceeds  go toward my family’s house fund, and more money collected means more readers, proof to show literary agents the book is marketable.

Please click here https://www.gofundme.com/the-flower-boy-read-amp-donate to donate $7.50 per reader (approximate price of the book if it were published) to the house found for my mother, brother, and me. The goal to to raise $380,730. 

Even if you don't make a donation please leave a comment and send an email at: ahicks4298@q.com

Please read THE FLOWER BOY below:

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I fixed the comment setting. thanks for bring it to my attention. and thank you for reading my book and personally emailing your thoughts. Likewise anyone who reads my book is welcome to send me your reviews to my email address. Thank every one.

    ReplyDelete

THE FLOWER BOY: Read & Donate

Need a place to take root      THE FLOWER BOY is a children’s book I wrote.       I need your and anyone’s support for my boo...